Total Pageviews

Friday 15 March 2013

STYLE MIXING: CHARACTER STYLE REFERENCES

       For the chraacter that will form the basis for all three styles, I want to strive for an late twenties to early thirties mafia look. In this case, the fashion from that era aswell as pop culture will be a good reference point. Currently, I picture an well built male character with a tight (slighlty unbuttoned) off-white shirt, a black waistcoat, black pants, holding a tompson at his side. Maybe I could swap this black and white pallete for a grey or brown - it all depends on what era I choose as a basis for the fashion.

Either eway, I've gathered some material online that I think will prove usefull when designing the character.

Fashion, iconic people, pop culture that created the Mafia stereotype such as The Godfather and even modern medias such as Mafia 2, will basis of this template chracter. Notable reference images are below.

THE GODFATHER - AL PACINO
WAISCOAT AND COLOURS
RANDOM MAFIA DUDE - 1930's
POSE, WAISTCOAT AND TOP HOT
MAFIA II - VITO
CHARACTER, POSE, COLOURS AND CLOTHING

MAFIA II - VITO
HAIRSTYLE, CLOTHING AND THEME

Now I have a basic idea of the character I want to design, I can begin adopting the three defferent art styles.

NEXT POST: STYLE MIXING - MAREK OKON PROGRESS 15/03/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment