Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

INTRODUCTION TO BLOG


        Drawing has always been something I've practiced, long before I attempted to model or design games, however I've never mastered the individual details that build realistic proportion. My artwork has always been admirable compared to most people’s standards, but my work was always inexperienced and flawed. Thus, this module is something I wasn't actually expecting and in result was pleasantly surprised when I was introduced to it. In this module I've learnt more about the art of drawing than I have done in all my years in education. In one lecture I have learnt to draw faces confidently; something I've always found difficult.

   Throughout this module blog you will see regular posts on drawings, portfolio development and personal work. You may also see a couple of miscellaneous posts that I believe relate to this module as reference for myself. You will see this through scanned images and texts.

   The purpose of this blog is to record such progress as an artist with paper based art and digital art. Couple these two together, and I hope that in 3 years time I could look back on my work and see how I've improved, be able to put together an accomplished piece of artwork, and apply it to other crafts such as 3D Modelling.

   Therefore as a starting point my first posts in this blog will show my practice with drawing the head, the body, the hands and the feet, then moving onto full body sketches and assignment work.

NEXT POST: LEARNING HEAD PROPORTIONS 

No comments:

Post a Comment