Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 February 2013

TASK 9: FINAL VEHICLE SILHOUETTES

       Spent the last hour conjuring up some mindless silhouettes and developing them into inspired vehicle designs. So far I'm absolutely chuffed with the results, I've even started brainstorming some functionality ideas and even accompanying characters. Yes, a couple of the silhouettes are laughably horrific (the flying bird killing machine), but have a look at them anyway.


COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS APPRECIATED!

VEHICLE SILHOUETTES / DESIGNS
by Christian Whelan

     I tried my best to come up with a wide variety of ideas here, and as it turned out, most of them are inspired by some form of animal or insect. To me, this allows for some really wacky characters designs for the drivers that have to go along with the final vehicle. 
  
     My absolute favourite is hard to decide upon. My 'favourites' are the top right mole design, which is a cross between a bike, a tank and a construction vehicle; the top right fly inspired aircraft; the bottom right spider inspired chopper; the bottom left space ship inspired by a dolphin; the left hover drone and finally, the top left hovering 360 combat ball. So really, its a question of what I don't like (I tend to like my own stuff...).

I'll attend university tomorrow and get some further criticism or praise and make a judgment on that. It's really a question of which is the vehicle that is the most interesting, but the most plausible (at least that's what I believe). Of course, the character who drives it is also an important factor, but that can come afterwards.

NEXT POST: TASK 9: VEHICLE AND DRIVER DESIGNS

No comments:

Post a Comment