Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 December 2012

TASK 1: YOURSELF AS A CHARACTER (HAND-IN)


        After my first initial attempt at this assignment I ironed out the flaws in my proportion, from this I then began to start the final draft of the first assignment by utilising what I've learnt in the workshops and what I've learnt from practice whilst ensuring I was fulfilling the criteria the assignment sheet asked for. I developed three drawings for the assignment as asked for - a full body sketch and the face with a front and side view. These drawings are below;


      Personally I believe this body drawing is a success, however there is clear roam for improvement. These potential improvements do not lie within the proportion, but within the technique, as although it does look fine when demonstrating proportion, it still clearly isn't as realistic as it could be. This is a result of the face lacking detail, the body looking too two-dimensional, and the clothes (which although a success) needing a slight improvement. Regardless, I hope I get a good marking in this, as I still believe it demonstrates all that have learnt over the previous two weeks.


   The front view and side view of the head had been done to the best of my ability, and in result the drawings are something I can be proud of. If I would have drawn these a few weeks earlier than I did, certainly the results would not of been the same. However, although I believe the level of detail, the proportion and the shading are fine, the eyes are the assignment's only flaw. Although the eyes are better than I could ever accomplish before the classes, they are still not at the standard they could be - this is something I need to work on. 

   I have high hopes that I'll gain a good mark here, however even if I don't, I know personally that I've progressed rapidly since I started this course. Being able to translate this progress digitally however is a entirely different question.

NEXT POST: LIFE DRAWING CLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment