Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 October 2012

TASK 1: ATTEMPT

        A couple of weeks ago, I had learnt how to draw heads, faces, bodies and feet. From this knowledge and practice, we were set the first assignment of the module - to utilise all of this knowledge to complete a character sheet of myself as a character from my favourite Video Game. My favourite game is Uncharted 3, however before I completed the assignment, I had an attempt in class in order to highlight where I needed to improve - that attempt is below;


   This attempt, although successful as an attempted drawing, did not fit the aims of the assignment - to draw a character as a full body sketch and a front and side view of the head. However it did offer the practice I needed for drawing myself from the front and side. I believe the head was successful, especially the side view, the proportions are perfect, but the body is a disaster now I look at it. The shoulders are too broad on the front view and the shoulders are too small on the side-view, couple this with the fact that the side view's arm is comically short and you have a drawing that is fine as a first attempt, but not good enough as to be an exhibition of the knowledge I've gained. Regardless however, the point of this was to practice and learn, in that sense this image was a astounding success.

NEXT POST: TASK 1 - YOURSELF AS A CHARACTER (HAND-IN)

No comments:

Post a Comment