Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 December 2012

TASK 3: COLOUR AND LIGHTING (HAND-IN)

        Following the hand-in for Task 2 and learning rendering techniques. I was set the third task - to demonstrate my talent in colour and lighting. Struggling to come up with ideas, my tutor set me the task of presenting the same image 6 times. Each image would have a different lighting source. The final hand-in is below as a .gif (to show development) and as a .jpeg.



    My personal goal, is to complete each task achieving its independent goal to the best of my ability, but to simultaneously demonstrate everything else I have learned previous to that task. In this task, I believe I have done that and in result, it is my best piece of work to date on this course. I have implemented everything I have learned as of yet - proportion, detailing, line theory, colour and lighting  Because of this, each piece has improved in quality, making each piece not just an exhibited for what I have recently learned, but as comprehensive demonstration of my talent so far.

    Each face has a different lighting source. Purposely, I added parts to the image so I could represent different textures through lighting and colour. I have the face, the jacket and the sword. This way, each face would represent the lighting source clearly. I believe it is a successful attempt to demonstrate my understanding of lighting and colouring. Now all I need to do is develop my ability to draw 'characters' in the true sense, rather than the generic 'perfect' characters I have drawn so far.

NEXT POST: SILHOUETTE AND SHAPE ATTEMPT

No comments:

Post a Comment