Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 February 2013

TASK 9: INITIAL VEHICLE IDEAS

     Never, have I drawn a vehicle in my life. Unless you count the firetrucks I designed when i was 3 years old, I can't say I'm that experienced. So, considering my next challenge is to design a selection of vehicles and choose one to polish, I can imagine this is going to be the hardest. So hard in fact, I had a 3 hour mind block and only came up with the basic (very basic) designs below.


VEHICLE DESIGNS - BASIC
by Christian Whelan

      Surprisingly, I only designs that use references, are the large construction vehicle and the red hover craft. The construction vehicle was inspired by a monster truck and a spider (Yes, I know it doesn't look like a spider, but it hasn't been finished) and the hovercraft was inspired by a the 40's vehicle (by the way, its backwards, because that how the shape came out).

These where drawn with my mind block not my mind, after 3 hours, I overcame it, and developed the rest of the design in the last 5 minutes. Funnily enough, these are my favourite. Generated through random shape blocking, I think they are varied, interesting and most importantly, really quick! I can't wait to get a few more ideas down!

NEXT POST: TASK 9: FINAL VEHICLE SILHOUETTES

No comments:

Post a Comment