Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY (COMPLETE)

      Refining the lines of this piece turned out to be a harder challenge than the other two pieces put together. The thing is, when you have an image of a million parts, the quality of them parts can differ, but with a piece of few parts like Sean Galloway's work, the individual aspects have to be top quality. So when drawing the lines, everything had to run smoothly and connect precisely, otherwise it just turns out looking like a mess.

The most challenging part for me however, was restraining from putting in more detail. Already, there may be a little too much detail, but I think I kept it at a sensible level. Now, it's finished and the final result and development GIF are below.

STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY
by Christian Whelan
STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY DEVELOPMENT
by Christian Whelan

      A couple of things really could do with some improving now I look at it. Firstly, the weapon is absolutely terrible, I'd get rid of it but time isn't on my side. And secondly, there's something wrong with the face... I can't put my finger on it yet.

    The challenging parts aide, I really enjoyed this piece. It's quite liberating being allowed to exaggerated proportion. It's not a style I'd try everyday, but it's interesting to see how a mature and realistic character can become something really fun - being able to represent character in different ways really interests me.

NEXT POST: STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON (COMPLETE)

No comments:

Post a Comment