Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY PROGRESS 24/03/13

        Now that the Ashley Wood piece is done and the Marek Okon is yet to be completed, I thought I'd attempt Sean Galloway's work to give me a breather from ultra realistic attempts. The trick with this work is nailing the exaggerated proportions to create a really stylized piece. It all sounds simple when you're drawing Spider Man or some goofy skateboarder, but with a character like mine that is meant to be serious and mature, it is and was a challenge. Either way, my progress on this piece is below.

STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY (IN PROGRESS)
by Christian Whelan

       So far, I've only put in the line art, which, for a Sean Galloway piece, is incredibly important. If I nail this, I've nailed the entire piece. In my personally opinion, I've think I've done a good job. The character looks a little younger than the other two style variations, and the gun and feet could be a little better, but once polished up, it should be fine. I could then put in the colors, the shadows and then I'm done.

NEXT POST: STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY (COMPLETE)

No comments:

Post a Comment