Total Pageviews

Friday 18 January 2013

TASK 7: SEA OF GHOSTS CHARACTER (IANTHE)

     I read the book, loved it, went into University, chose from a random selection of folded pieces of paper and pulled out the name "Ianthe". Not exactly what I hoped for, but I am more than happy designing Ianthe. She was probably my favourite character and personality from the book. Yes, she might not been the most described character in the book, but from what I have read and collected, it is more than enough to design her character as true to the source material as possible.

IANTHE
  • 16 Years Old
  • Daughter of Hana.
  • Beautiful girl - slender
  • Jet black hair, dark eyebrows - tapered to point.
  • Olive skin, pale blue eyes, full lips, slender nose, tiny bump on nose.
  • Stunted height.
  • Clothing: Ankle length pink and yellow striped satin frock - puffy arms. Fancy lace frills.
  • Weapons: Heightened senses.
  • Angry, judgemental, resentful, strong, resilient.
  
    The notes here focus on Ianthe;s most common outfit - the pink and yellow dress. However, I find the idea of peasent wear more appealing when it comes to reflecting chracter. To me, Ianthe isn't this higher class girl, shes a girl who seen the worst and it should show. I guess we'll see which designs I prefer when I devlop some initial sketches and concepts. Either way though, I'll explore both ideas equally before choosing a final design.

NEXT POST: TASK 7: SEA OF GHOSTS IANTHE (ROUGH SKETCHES)

No comments:

Post a Comment