Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 February 2013

TASK 8: WEAPONS AND ARMOUR (IN PROGRESS 3)

      I spent the last 6 hours blocking and lighting the hands of the first pose, but most importantly I started and 'almost' finished the second pose. I say almost because I still need to polish up the smaller details such as the bolts and rivets on the armour plates. Have a look anyway.


COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS APPRECIATED!

FUTURISTIC ASSASSIN ARMOUR DESIGN - IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan
FUTURISTIC ASSASSIN ARMOUR DESIGN - GIF
by Christian Whelan

      Once this is done, it's just a matter of redesigning and polishing the weapons, then finally, implementing the weapons into these armour designs an detailing their functions and weapon type.

Overall, I'm really happy with the outcome, I tried my best to stay away from line art, but as you can see, there is still some there, but I don't mind, because it stops the colour of the armour blending into the background. I suppose that wouldn't be the case if I was a little better at rendering and lighting.

On a less positive note, there are some clear issues and inconsistencies in the armour. Firstly, the sitting pose has an 8 pack... Also the foot and hands are the problem. I definitely need more practice when it comes to proportion and perspective on more complex body parts like the hands and feet.

Other than that, It's 'probably' the best piece I've done so far. I'll have no problem designing the weapons now.

NEXT POST: WEAPONS AND ARMOUR (HAND-IN)

No comments:

Post a Comment