Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 February 2013

TASK 8: WEAPONS AND ARMOUR (IN PROGRESS 2)

    I spent the last hour making progress on the final hand-in of the armour and weapon designs. I've only just come close to finishing the first pose but have a look at it anyway. I think it's coming along really well!

COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS APPRECIATED!

FUTURISTIC NINJA ARMOUR - IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan
      
     So far I think this is my best piece. I no longer rely on bold line art to portray a character's shape and perspective.  This is something that I've been aiming to do since I started this course. For me, at least, line art seems to enforce a restriction - everything I draw, no matter how much I render it, looks too two dimensional. Maybe it's just my ability to render that's the issue, but through abandoning my usual line art ways, I hope to improve my rendering and lighting skills in the process, giving my freedom to use line art when I want, effectively.

The idea finish the gloves, implement the weapons into the armour and start the second pose. The second pose will not be the one in the picture, I hope to have a crouched 'assassin like' pose that exposes the back - a three quarter view. This way I can highlight all the weapons in detail. 

Finally, I'll draw in the weapons around the two poses individually, highlighting their titles and functions.

NEXT POST: TASK 8: WEAPONS AND ARMOUR (IN PROGRESS 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment