Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON (COMPLETE)

      I've finally finished the Marek Okon piece, but when I say finished, I mean finished to the best of my ability within the time I have. I am so far, extremely proud of this, but I want it to finish 'realistic'. So, even though I'm happy with the overall result, I will 'definitely' work on this until I'm satisfied. The final Marek Okon mimicry piece is below.

STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON
by Christian WHelan

     Like I said, it needs improving. The next step to take is to rid the piece of the clear contrasts in the shading - it still looks too choppy. Then from that point, remove all the random blotches of dark shading that make his face look dirty and the entire piece look cheap. Then once all that is done, I can take the entire piece further by refining the skin and facial details, bringing the entire piece up a level. A level I wished I could of took it to in the first place.

Regardless of these clear improvements I can make, this is still the best face I've painted as of yet. Here's for next year!

NEXT POST: STYLE MIXING: THE THREE STYLES

No comments:

Post a Comment