Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

STYLE MIXING: THE THREE STYLES

     Finally, after 7 hours of work, I finished all three style mimicry pieces for Sean Galloway, Ashley Wood and Marek Okon. My intention was to design an anti-hero mafia character. In that sense, I succeeded, and I absolutely love this character - I actually feel like it's a 'character'. Whether or not I succeed in replicating the three styles is yet to be determined. What I can say though, is that I tried my best, even if there are some flaws. Have a look at all three below!

STYLE MIXING: SEAN GALLOWAY
by Christian Whelan
STYLE MIXING: ASHLEY WOOD
by Christian Whelan
STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON
by Christian Whelan

       In all, this assignment actually surprised me in how much it actually developed my skills, pushed my ability further and expanded my artistic horizons. I feel that here, I've developed my three most consistent pieces that exhibit the majority of my capabilities. Maybe if I'd had more time, I would of developed a backdrop for the Ashley Wood piece to demonstrate my understanding of perspective and the use of multiple complex lighting sources, but I understand this is just a study to do exactly what it did do - push me out of my comfort zone and in turn, develop my ability when using Photoshop. I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment.

NEXT POST: 10 PIECE PORTFOLIO

No comments:

Post a Comment