Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON PROGRESS 22/03/2013

       I made some more progress on the Marek Okon work, but I'm hitting a roadblock - do I carry on or leave it as it is and present it? To me, it looks more like an Ashley Wood piece (besides any clear paint brush strokes) than a Marek Okon piece. It's just way too 'choppy' at the moment.... I don't know. Other work commitments are kind of forcing my hands with this at the moment. 

STYLE MIXING: MAREK OKON ATTEMPT
by Christian Whelan

    Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking it, it's my best face work so far. I tried blurring the clear color differences together, but it ended up looking... well... blurry. I'm thinking of maybe starting the Ashley Wood work now and coming back to this when I have a clear head - maybe I've been looking at it too much. One thing that is certain though, is that I need to work on this clothing a bit more, it's need's more detail to bring the entire piece together.

Oh, and the eyes need to be a tiny bit lighter - he looks high.


I suppose it's a lot better when you look at my first attempt. God it's awful!

FIRST MAREK OKON ATTEMPT
by Christian Whelan (Unfortunately)

We'll see how it goes.

NEXT POST: STYLE MIXING: ASHLEY WOOD PROGRESS 23/03/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment